We were recently introduced to Handheld UV-C Sanitizers after reading an article about a lady who had a young son who suffered from a Rare skin condition ( Not eczema ). She used a handheld UV-C Sanitizer to kill germs in his bedroom and control his infections.
Due to his condition, he was left with open sores and wounds, any infection from harmful germs and bacteria would lead to terrible skin infections that often made him housebound or worse taken into hospital for IV treatment.
How can UV-C Sanitizers help control eczema?
Eczema is at it’s worst when its infected and you have a flare-up. To avoid this you need to control your environment when you’re experiencing a flare-up or you’ve scratched and opened up your skin.
By using a UV-C Handheld wand you can kill harmful germs and bacteria that may cause infection. We all dread infection when you have eczema. It can take weeks to cure and recover from and the scares can last forever!
What Are UV Sanitizers?
UV Sanitizers utilize UV-C, which is part of the ultraviolet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth’s atmosphere, to kill airborne germs. The goal is to reduce or eliminate the actual growth or development of microbiological organisms such as fungi, bacteria, or viruses.
If you don’t suffer from any form of skin condition then you’ll probably never understand why it’s so important to control Fungi and bacteria where you live and sleep. But for us sufferers it vital that we control and manage the risks of infection.
How effective are UV Sanitizers?
UV-C has been proven to kill up to 99.9% of Germs, Mold, Bacteria, Germs, and Viruses. UV-C Light Kills Germs without the use of Chemicals, will not cause secondary pollution. They have no side effects and are totally harmless to use to everyone including children. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. Titanium Dioxide enhances killing efficiency and odor elimination.
It removes odors, dust particles, and germs which can cause allergies, asthma and other harmful maladies. Ultraviolet has been scientifically proven to kill 99.99% of germs using its sanitizing, germ-killing function.
What can you use UV Sanitizers on?
UV-C handheld Sanitizers can be used safely in many areas of the home including Pet areas, clothes, beds, food containers, storage, bathroom and kitchen.
It’s also Ideal for remote controls, computer keyboards, toys, cots, medicine bottles shoes and many other items found in and around the house.
Children’s toys are one of the main carriers of bacteria and when children are ill there’s nothing more they like than cuddling their favorite toys. Which unfortunately can be carrying many harmful germs and bacteria. A handheld UV-C Sanitizer will kill 99.9% of germs in a simple wave of the wand.
Which Handheld Sanitizer is best?
We reviewed a number of Sanitizers and ask many people who suffer from eczema and other skin conditions which handheld sanitizers they use or had tried and the winner by a large margin was the Forpow uv Sterilizer Hand Wand
UV LEDs VS Mercury Lamps
Up till recently, most handheld sterilizers on the market used mercury lamp technology or its variants as the germicidal light source, while forpow uses the most advanced semiconductor light-emitting diode (LED) technology to make UVC light chips.
LEDs are instantaneous light sources with low power consumption which do well under a full range of environmental conditions. Unlike fragile quartz mercury bulbs, LEDs are robust, lending themselves to an array of designs and hold the promise of long life and environmentally friendly end-of-life disposal.
Benefits of using LED handheld sanitizers
High output germicidal power for maximum DNA absorption
Robust, solid state device compared to fragile mercury bulbs
Smaller portable light-weight design for everywhere use
Environment-friendly and safe to humans and pets
Here’s our choice
Ultraviolet UVC Light Wand Stik w/Adapter (Rechargeable Batteries) Surface Sanitizer Sterilizer/USA Company/High Quality/Kills Germs Quickly & Easily
- 👍 Powerful 4 W Germicidal UVC Light Bulb w/10,000 Hours of Effectiveness,
- 👍 USA Plug Adapter with Rechargeable Batteries, Charge Indicator LIght
- 👍 Safety - Bulb Cover, Automatic Shut Off, Comfort Grip, Durable
- 👍 Digital Control with Timer, 5, 15, 30 minutes
- 👍 Certified CE, RoHS, FCC, UL, EMC Tested, FDA Compliant
BRIGHTINWD Foldable UV Sanitizing Wand Mini Travel UV Light Sterilizer Kills Mold, Bacteria, Germs, Viruses Give Your Family a Clean Living Environment at Home, Office, School, Hotel Without Chemical
$39.99 out of stock
- 【Humanization design】 Ultraviolet radiation can cause skin and eye burns, the UV-c sanitizing light will never turn on if it is point towards you or right, left or in front. The Light only turns on when you are pointing the device downwards. So please do not assume that the product is faulty.
- 【Portable for home, office, hotel and travel】 Kill almost all germs on phones, IPads, keyboards, laptops, toys, toothbrushes, remote controls, door knobs, toilet covers, mugs, steering wheel. Help you get rid of bacteria, fungus, molds and viruses in hotel and outside while you are traveling！！
- 【Suitable for kids, elder and teenage】 It removes odors, dust particles and germs that may cause allergies, asthma and other harmful maladies. Scientists have proven the Ultraviolet kills 99.99% of germs.
- 【Easy to use】 Our UV sanitizer could be powered on by battery or USB charger(4*AAA batteries were not included). Click the on/ off button 3 seconds, and when the indicator light turns blue, you can use it to scan wherever you want to be sanitized.
- 【Note】 Please pay attention Ultraviolet radiation can cause your skin and eye burns. Avoid direct exposure of a long time on the human body.
Microphobe - Ultraviolet Light Wand Sanitizer | UV-C Sanitizing Portable | Kills up to 99.9% of Mold Bacteria Germs and Viruses
- KILLS UP TO 99% OF GERMS - Clinically proven to proven to kill up to 99% of germs in just seconds! It kills germs and allergens found on hard surfaces at home, in the office, on public transportation, and in other public places.
- CONVENIENT AUTO SHUT OFF - Auto shutoff Cordless, battery operated (AA)
- PORTABLE AND EASY TO USE - Bring the travel wand wherever you go. This little powerhouse is lightweight and portable, so it can easily be stored in a purse, a briefcase, a handbag, or your luggage. Simply push the on-off switch and pass the wand over the area you want to sanitize to disinfect objects in your surrounding before they get near your skin.
- UV-C LIGHT TECHNOLOGY - Advanced UV-C technology makes it possible for this sanitizing travel wand to destroy more than 99% of bacteria and viruses within seconds. For your safety and protection, this disinfectant does not contain any chemicals.
Q1: What is that UV light used inside the UV Sterilizer?
Answer: It is called Ultraviolet (UV C) light. A common one is UV B, it is commonly used at tanning salon sun beds. UV C has a higher frequency of the UV light that can kill germs. It is part of the ultraviolet light spectrum.
Q2: Is UV-C harmful?
Answer: Only prolonged exposure (ie. 8 or more hours) to UV C light will be harmful to human and direct contact with the eye. But handheld units are only used for minutes so no harm will come from using them around the home.
Q3: How UV-C kills germs?
1) UV-C light is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs like viruses and bacteria. The light alters the genetic structure of the germ and they die.
2) UV-C light is not visible to the naked eye due to its location on the electromagnetic spectrum. But just because it cannot be seen does not mean it will not eliminate germs, bacteria, viruses, and mold. Thanks to its germicidal wavelength (AKA frequency), UV C is ideally located in the spectrum that best inactivates microorganisms and viral air contaminants. When a virus or microorganism comes in contact with UV C its nucleus is penetrated, and its DNA is irreparably damaged, which results in death or the inability to reproduce, as well as the spread of unwanted germs! By applying UV-C light we are able to do more than just put up a blockade we are able to terminate the source of the problem.
Q4: Does UV-C light damage anything tangible?
Answer: No, it does not damage any material and it does not leave any chemical residue after a scan.
Q5: Is UV-C the latest invention?
Answer: No, in fact, it has been used for over 100 years. Scientists applied it to kill germs on surfaces, in the air, and in the water since the 1930s. Now the advanced technology has emerged this useful source into this handheld UV sterilizer.
Q6: Why does the air in my home still contains germs even if the air con is on?
Answer: The warmth and moisture found in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems of home make the perfect breeding ground for airborne moulds, microorganisms, and bacteria. These HVAC systems also provide an ideal way to circulate viruses and germs around an entire home in a relatively short time
You can never be too safe when it comes to eczema and infection so in our opinion for under $80 you’d be mad not to try one of these handheld UV-C Sanitizers. You may not use it every day ( you can ) but we think they will be especially useful when you or your child is experiencing a flare-up or the start of an infection to help reduce the risk of making your condition worse.
This website and blogs provides general information and discussion about and medicine, health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this website or blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker, GP or Doctor.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials.