Do you suffer from eczema on your feet?
In this post, 3 Ways To Treat Eczema On Your Feet, we’ll explain the 3 different methods for treating and managing your condition.
I suffer from eczema on my feet and so does my son, we have suffered from eczema all our lives and have learned to manage our condition so it doesn’t affect our daily lives.
Many people who suffer from eczema get it on their feet, some people like myself get it to the point where I can hardly walk some days. The cracks and splits on my heel and the side of my feet really hurt.
How can something so small hurt so much?
Learning some simple methods to treat eczema on your feet in 3 simple different ways will help you manage your condition.
How do you know you have eczema on your feet?
The two main types of eczema that will affect your feet are Atopic Dermatitis or Dishydrosis eczema, sometimes known as Pompholyx. This type of foot eczema causes tiny, deep blisters on the soles and sides of the feet and the palms of your hand. When it affects just the feet it is called Pedopompholyx.
If you think you might have either condition you should see your doctor to get the correct diagnosis.
Both conditions affect both men, women, and children. 10-20% of children suffer from eczema in some shape or form but thankfully most grow out of it before they reach their third Birthday.
What can cause foot eczema?
If you suffer from eczema you may also have it on your feet. Eczema on your feet can be exasperated for a number of reasons:
- Foods and diets
- Clothing and socks
Most people who have eczema are born with the condition and most people will grow out of it. Is there a cure for eczema? No, Not a guaranteed cure, but we can manage the condition to the point where it doesn’t affect your daily life or cause you pain.
What are the 3 different ways to manage eczema on your feet?
- Medical intervention: UV Light therapy (ultraviolet) which helps to reduce inflammation on your feet and reduces the itching and increases vitamin D production. Corticosteroid and Antibiotics prescribed by your doctor or Dermatologist.
- Natural Methods: This can be anything from reducing stress, changing your diet and bathing in natural minerals like DEAD SEA SALTS. Any treatment that doesn’t involve chemicals or non-natural materials.
- Emollients: The number one way to manage your eczema is to keep your skin moisturized. The old saying of ‘ If it’s dry, cream it and if it’s wet, dry it‘
Depending on the severity of your condition, this might influence how you treat the eczema on your feet. Some people will only use natural remedies and that’s fine. However, there are some points in your life when treating your eczema, when you might want to consider using other methods.
When you’re experiencing a bad flare-up you might consider a short spell of Corticosteroid treatment to manage the flare-up. We would only suggest you use this as a short-term solution to get over the flare-up.
The best way is to moisturize daily with a good emollient like Diprobase. We use this in our family every day, I can tell you how many tubs we have used over our lifetime, hundreds I estimate.
I don’t know where we would be without this amazing moisturizer Diprobase.
Which treatment should you use?
We can’t say, it all depends on the severity and type of eczema you suffer from. You should talk to your Doctor before trying any form of treatment.
Visit our detailed article about eczema on feet where we go into great detail on this eczema topic.
Following the simple rules for treating eczema will help, Keep moisturized, avoid irritants and try not to scratch your feet. easier said than done I know. Nothing feels better than itching those feet, but the damage you do can take weeks to heal.
As you can see from my feet, I have to deal with this condition daily. There are a couple of things you can use to help you manage the condition. Some are a little treat like a lukewarm foot bath.
How to treat eczema on feet
We use the emollient method, simply because we don’t suffer any bad reactions from the creams we use, it contains no steroids and we feel its a good compromise.
I also use a Foot Spa and Massager we love it, remember to only use lukewarm water as hot water will only irritate your eczema and cause it to inflame. Remeber to add a small amount of Dead Sea Salt and pat dry after. Then apply a good layer of emollient we recommend two Diprobase or Manuka Honey.
Then allow it to soak into your feet by wearing Eczema socks. These will help the cream soak into your feet so you get 100% benefit from the emollient you use.
Best products to help treat eczema on feet
Gel Moisturizing Spa Gloves and Socks Soft Cotton with Thermoplastic Gel Repair and Heal Eczema Cracked Dry Skin, Gel Lining Infused with Essential Oils and Vitamins, Large Size for Women and Men
- ♥Great Gift! 100% Soft Cotton Exterior and Thermoplastic Infused Gel, Moisturizing Socks and Gloves Keep Your Hands Breathable and Warm day and night.
- ♥Botanical Oils Help Restore Beautiful Soft Skin With a Daily Moisturizing Routine.
- ♥Blue Moisturizer Gloves And Socks Can Make A Spa at Home to Enjoy The Delightful Fragrance of Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil and Vitamin E
- ♥Deep Care with Your Favorite Moisturizing Lotion. Gel lining meant to speed up and enhance the moisturizing process and help your dry or chapped skin heal much more quickly than it would with lotion or hand cream alone.
- ♥ Stretchable Perfectly Fits Women and Men Large size provide more space to your hands and feet and to breathe fresh air overnight. Best Gift for Your Family and Friends
DIPROBASE EMOLLIENT CREAM WITH PUMP DISPENSER -500G by Diprobase
- DIPROBASE EMOLLIENT CREAM WITH PUMP DISPENSER -500G
Giantex Portable Foot Spa Massager Heated Bath w/ Heating Infrared Ray LCD Display Temperature Control Bubbles Home Use Health
- 【Portable Handle & Anti-Skip Rubber Feet】- The portable handle brings much convenience for moving and carrying the foot spa massager. Four rubber feet under the massager offer great stability and support.
- 【Heated UP Quickly and Stayed Warm】- With the heating therapy and speed, our foot massager can maintain a constant temperature for warming your feet while massaging. Multiple water jets produce numerous water bubbles which is good for relieving pressure and pain and securing multi-insulation protection. Besides, it can also effectively promote blood circulation, improve metabolism, relieve fatigue and smoothens the meridians.
- 【One Hour Auto-Off Function】- The foot massager can turn off automatically if you forget turning it off after one hour, which greatly ensures safe use. Equipped with anti-splash water guard, the foot spa kindly keeps tidy and clean while you enjoy comfortable foot spa time.
- 【LCD Display Infrared Bubbling Massage】- LCD display shows temperature control, infrared bubbling massage and heating. ABS massage rollers roll the whole foot bones and truly eliminates fatigue. Oxygen bubbles massage brings you a luxurious spa experience. You can enjoy the deep-penetrating massage while moving your feet forward and backward over the reflex zone. The bulgy point is designed according to the point of foot.
- 【Portable Foot Bath Massager With Carring Handle】- The foot bath massager is portable with carring handle, you can take the massager to your bedroom or to the living room with this handle, very convenient for daily use.
Organic Manuka Honey Baby Eczema Cream, Psoriasis Cream, Rosacea Cream, Dermatitis Cream and Diaper Rash Cream | Gentle for Babies & Children, Creamy Balm Provides Instant Relief for Severe Dry Skin
$25.95 in stock
- GENTLE ON SENSITIVE SKIN: Gentle enough for babies and children, this rich, creamy balm is thick and moisturizing, providing soothing relief to Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea and Dermatitis sufferers.
- NON-GREASY FORMULA: Unlike other water-based formulas, YoRo Naurals Manuka Skin Soothing Creamy Balm is the perfect balance between a rich salve and thick cream and adsobs without a sticky or greasy residue.
- WITH POWERFUL 16+ MANUKA HONEY: Create a protective skin barrier with New Zealand Manuka Honey, a powerful substance rich in vitamins and nutrients that help nourish and heal the skin.
- MULTI-PURPOSE OINTMENT: Protect your skin and help heal and soothe burns, cuts and scrapes, reduce spider veins, reduce inflammation and restore your skins natural color. Can also double as a natuaral diaper cream.
- SIMPLE 100% PURE NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Formulated with healing Active 16+ New Zealand Manuka Honey, Manuka Oil Extract, Organic Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, and Filtered Water
RENPHO Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Heat, Deep Kneading Therapy, Air Compression, Relieve Foot Pain from Plantar Fasciitis, Improve Blood Circulation, Insomnia, Fits large feet up to men size 12
4 used from $119.59
- Massage the feet, relax the whole body. RENPHO foot massager, equipped with rotation ball, rolling stick, heating and compression offers a deep kneading Shiatsu foot massage. Relieve foot pain from plantar fasciitis, improve blood flow, reduce physical exhaustion through foot nerve reflex, and promote better sleep.
- Like a professional foot massage. the ergonomic design provides a comprehensive and comfortable massage. 3 kneading intensities and 3 pressure levels can be adjusted to personal preference. The soothing heat function can be controlled independently.
- Simple, hygienic, healthy. The touch panel is easy to control using your foot. Removable washable cloth in the foot chambers helps keep a clean and healthy environment.
- Fits most people. With its enlarged foot rooms, RENPHO foot massager can accommodate most foot sizes, up to men size 12.
- A great gift. Everybody needs a daily foot massage. Get it for yourself or your friend who is suffering from feet pain. Using the foot massager 30 minutes daily improves the health of the body.
This website and blogs provides general information and discussion about eczema, skincare, and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this website or blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker, GP or Doctor.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials.
All our affiliate links are highlighted in GREEN they will not cost you a penny more to use and we earn a small commission from AMAZON which helps us fund this website to provide useful information and support to eczema sufferers all around the world. So if you use our link , you’re helping others. So THANK YOU!